This customer came to us with some existing barns that were structurally sound but wanted to revamp and make the barn into secure dry storage spaces. Here we worked with the customer to produce what he had in mind, as you will see from the progress photos that the barn was open fronted and the flooring was damp with the only some of the bays being partitioned off.
We started by sectioning off some of the bays that the customer wanted done to create a variation of different sized sheds, we used concrete panels to make the divisions. Where the floors were damp and needing replacing we dug out the floor, levelled and put the shuttering in ready for concreting the new pads in the sheds we left them with a smooth finish but not power floated. Once the floors were down we enclosed the top half of the concrete divisions off with some wood as the individual bays didn’t need to be sound proof.
The area in front of the shed was also dug and levelled for concrete to be laid left with a tampered finish, this has given a defined area of hardstanding outside the storage sheds for cars and unloading purposes. As per the clients request, we organised roller shutter doors to be installed from a trusted supplier and two personnel doors where fitted too. The brickwork for the two enclosed sheds was completed by a brick layer we often use and we went and finished off the cladding once the brick laying was complete.
You will see that this work has completely changed the use of the shed, and it has been great to work on the project and see it change into something more usable.